I am a cheerful, reliable and highly-motivated teacher. I am reflective in considering the materials I use in my classes and try to adapt them with my students' needs and my lesson aims in mind. I am conscientious and responsive, which helps me create good rapport with my students. My lessons are communication centred, creative and effective.
Qualified (MA in English lit. and ling. and Teaching, CELTA) and experienced English teacher (5 years, language schools and college) gives lessons during the week or at the weekend in Brussels or online. I live in Auderghem but can travel as well.
September 2018 - present CLL Centres de Langues in Bruxelles
• I mostly teach groups and one-to-one English classes
September 2017 – May 2018 International Business School Budapest- Vienna
International Business School is an accredited private college in Budapest and it offers degree programmes in partnership with The University of Buckingham (UK) in Budapest and Vienna campuses. I was employed as a free-lance lecturer for an academic year.
• lead seminars focusing on skills development for groups of international students in their first year of their Bachelor programme in Budapest. The main aim of these modules was to develop students’ reading, writing, speaking and listening skills in English so that they could better perform in an academic environment.
• was also responsible for correcting and grading written assignments, evaluating and commenting on presentations in class, and keeping record of students’ performance in our online system.
July - August 2017; July 2018 Elac Summer School, Bath Spa University, United Kingdom
• taught teenagers at various levels and from different countries including Spain, France, Latvia, Israel, Taiwan, China, Japan and Russia.
• took groups of students on excursions to nearby towns and cities at the weekend.
March 2016 – June 2018 British Council Hungary Budapest, Hungary
• taught groups of juniors, teenagers and adults at various levels.
• taught intensive courses to groups of teenagers and adults over the summer.
• completed several trainings such as the Child Protection, the Health and Safety and the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion trainings.
November 2016 – June 2018 Globus Corporate Language Services, Budapest, Hungary
• taught in-company courses for both small groups and one-to-one students.
• held two seminars about Creative classroom activities and games at Eötvös Loránd University as part of a seminar series organised by the school
June 2014 – June 2017 International House, Budapest, Hungary
• taught general English, business English and exam preparation courses (FCE, CAE, IELTS and TOEFL) to groups and individuals ranging in ability from level A1 - C1.
• had one-to-one lessons and taught groups with junior and teen students.
• took part in a number of teacher training courses and I regularly attended in-house seminars.
2013 – 2014 Be Happy English language school, Budapest, Hungary
• taught general and business English to small groups of students of beginner to advanced levels.
• prepared students for EuroExam B2 and C1
2018 University seminar at ELTE organised by Globus language school
Creative activities and games in the classroom
2017 University seminar at ELTE organised by Globus language school
Creative activities and games in the classroom
2017 Professional development seminars at Dover Language School
How to use controlled practice activities creatively
2018 – 2020 Université libre de Bruxelles, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium.
M.Sc. in Urban Studies
2005 – 2012 Eötvös Loránd University of Sciences, Faculty of Humanities, Budapest, Hungary.
M.A. (joint) in English Language and Literature, and Aesthetics 2005 – 2012
Eötvös Loránd University of Sciences, Faulty of Education and Psychology, Budapest, Hungary.
M.A. in TESOL
2015 International House Teacher Training Institute, Budapest, Hungary Young Learners course; Teaching Exam Preparation classes course
2014 Euro Exam Centre, Budapest Euro Exam Teacher Training course
2014 International House Teacher Training Institute, Budapest, Hungary One-to-one methodology course 2013 Randolph School of English. Edinburgh, Scotland. UK Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (Pass B)
2009 -2010 Edinburgh, Scotland I worked at a community arts space known as the Forest Cafe in the capacity of European Volunteer for a year in Edinburgh, Scotland. The European Voluntary Service (EVS) is a community-focused volunteer scheme sponsored by the European Commission and funded by the EU. My job involved organising artistic events and installations, contacting artists and coordinating volunteers, painting murals and decorating tables. I also worked as a Night Manager, and as such was solely responsible for the managing of volunteers who worked alongside me.
Kata est une prof très dynamique et professionnelle. J'ai travaillé avec elle pendant quelques années et elle était toujours prête avec les bonnes idées et ses élèves toujours étaient contentes avec les leçons et l'ambiance.
Kata est une personne sérieuse avec des valeurs, mais elle ne manque pas de pedagogie ni de sens de l'humour, je la recommande parce que c'est une personne ponctuelle et sur qui on peut compter et aussi parce qu'avec Kata mon niveau d'anglais ne fait que s'améliorer.
Kata is a wonderful teacher: not only she is very convincing language-wise but her temper and her attitude makes her classes enjoyable tea-partys!
des cours d'expression écrite - anglais à proximité ? Voici une sélection d'annonces de professeurs pouvant vous accompagner. Superprof peut aussi vous proposer des cours de compréhension écrite - anglais pour vous aider. Apprendre n'est plus un soucis, des cours de compréhension orale - anglais accessible(s) pour tous ! Suivre des cours d'anglais britannique n'a jamais été aussi facile : vous allez aimer développer de nouvelles connaissances.
|Chez elle||Chez vous||Par webcam|