Fluent Languages: English, French, Italian, Russian, Armenian
Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism May 2008
M.S. in Journalism / Broadcast Concentration New York, NY, USA
• Nightly News Workshop: rotated through the positions of presenter, reporter, cameraman, producer, editor, writer, coordinating producer, web designer.
• Professional photo and video camera skills.
• Arts and Culture Workshops: wrote reviews, profiles and opinion articles, critique.
University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Los Angeles, CA, USA
B.A. in English Literature / Creative Writing May 2005
• Summa cum laude (highest honors, mention excellent) at graduation.
• Alpha Gamma Sigma Honor Society, Dean`s Honors, Golden Key Int. Honor Society, UCLA`s Honors Society
European Committee Paris, France
Member Correspondent /Director of International Affairs May 2013-now
• Assisting and directing all actions dealing with the international relations of the European Committee.
• As the member correspondent, contributed to the prestigious White Book, (Livre Blanc), edited by the Malraux Foundation. (Article on Marc Chagall)
Parliamentary Journal (Journal du Parlement) Paris, France
Journalist in charge of Cultural Affairs May 2012-now
• Contributing critiques and editorials in the domain of Arts, Culture and Politics to the Parliamentary Journal.
France 24 (French news channel specializing in international news)
M6 (French media group) Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
Freelance editor (bilingual: English/French) January 2011-now
Specialization – International News
• Reporting stories / filming interviews (M6)
• Writing scripts / stories with the voice-over (France 24)
• Creating rundowns for the JT using Inews (France 24, M6)
• Editing headlines, offs using AVID
• Researching video footage and information
ISC (Institut Supérieur de Commerce) Sept. 2009- now
Professor and program coordinator Paris, France
• Creating, coordinating and teaching classes, such as Public Speaking, Art of Presentation, TOEIC, Journalism and Communications, Communication Studies, Business Writing to 2nd and 1st year students.
• Teaching seminars in Public Speaking, Writing to graduate students (in the Master program)
UNESCO May 2011 – April 2012
Editor, Translator (Magazine “Courier”) Paris, France
• Edited content for the UNESCO’s “Courier” magazine.
• Edited style, grammar, punctuation for English and Russian versions of the “Courier.”
• Translated articles from French into English and from French into Russian for the “Courier” and for the UNESCO’s main portal.
• Pitched and wrote articles for the UNESCO`s main portal.
IPAG, ADVANCIA, IHEDREA (Ecoles Supérieures de Commerce) Sept. 2009 – May 2012
Professor Paris, France
• Taught business English to 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th year students.
MBA Center (Center of Preparation for Top Business Schools) Oct. 2008 – May 2009
Coach / Lecturer Paris, France
• Taught TOEFL to students preparing for exchange programs or MBA programs at English-speaking universities.
• Wrote essays, edited resumes and prepared students for the interview process at the top international business schools, such as INSEAD, LBS, Chicago, Harvard and Columbia.
Atlas Media Corporation Sept. 2008-Dec. 2008
Journalist New York, NY, USA
• Wrote script for long-form documentaries.
• Edited video segments for documentaries using Avid.
• Conducted interviews and research.
CNN (TV network) June-Aug. 2008 Intern, assistant producer New York, NY, USA
• Assisted in multiple tasks, including briefings, story research, phone calls.
• Edited video footage.
HOBBIES / SPECIAL INTERESTS
• Jury Member for the International Festival of Culinary Photography 2013.
• Cultural Knowledge/Traveling: United States, Russia, Ukraine, Armenia, UK, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Belgium, Tunisia, Morocco, French Polynesia, etc…
• Fashion: Knowledge of fashion and modeling industries.
• Music: piano skills – 16 years of study, professional level.
• Theater: Stella Adler Conservatory Diploma, New York, U.S. 2008.
• Technical Knowledge: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Avid, Inews, ProTools, digital and film landscape photography, professional video skills.
• Other interests: Literature, Art History, Photography, Classical Music, Opera.
My site yourenglishexpert.net