Fluent Languages: English, French, Italian, Russian, Armenian
Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
M.S. in Journalism / Broadcast
University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)
B.A. in English / Creative Writing Summa cum laude (highest honors, mention excellent) at graduation.
• Alpha Gamma Sigma Honor Society, Dean`s Honors, Golden Key Int. Honor Society, UCLA`s Honors Society
European Committee Paris, France
Member Correspondent /Director of International Affairs May 2013-now
• Responsible for managing all the International Affairs of the European Committee.
• Pubications in the prestigious Livre Blanc de la Commission Malraux
Parliamentary Journal (Journal du Parlement) Paris, France
Journalist in charge of Cultural Affairs May 2012-now
• Contributing critiques and editorials in the domain of Arts, Culture and Politics to the Parliamentary Journal.
France 24 (French news channel specializing in international news)
M6 (French media group) Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
Freelance editor (bilingual: English/French) January 2011-now
Specialization – International News
• Reporting stories / filming interviews (M6)
• Writing scripts / stories with the voice-over (France 24)
• Creating rundowns for the JT using Inews (France 24, M6)
• Editing headlines, offs using AVID
ISC (Institut Supérieur de Commerce) Sept. 2009- now
Professor and program coordinator Paris, France
• Creating, coordinating and teaching classes, such as Public Speaking, Media Training, Art of Presentation, TOEIC, Journalism and Communications, International news, Communication Studies, Business Writing, etc. to 2nd and 1st year students.
• Teaching seminars in Public Speaking, Writing to graduate students (in the Master program)
UNESCO May 2011 – April 2012
Editor, Translator (Magazine “Courier”) Paris, France
• Edited content for the UNESCO’s “Courier” magazine.
• Edited style, grammar, punctuation for English and Russian versions of the “Courier.”
• Translated articles from French into English for the “Courier” and for the UNESCO’s main portal.
• Pitched and wrote articles for the UNESCO`s main portal.
IPAG, ADVANCIA, IHEDREA (Ecoles Supérieures de Commerce) Sept. 2009 – May 2012
Professor Paris, France
• Taught business English to 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th year students.
MBA Center (Center of Preparation for Top Business Schools) Oct. 2008 – May 2009
Coach / Lecturer Paris, France
• Taught TOEFL to students preparing for exchange programs or MBA programs at English-speaking universities.
• Wrote essays, edited resumes and prepared students for the interview process at the top international business schools, such as INSEAD, LBS, Chicago, Harvard and Columbia.
Atlas Media Corporation Sept. 2008-Dec. 2008
Journalist New York, NY, USA
• Wrote script for long-form documentaries
CNN (TV network) June-Aug. 2008 Intern, assistant producer New York, NY, USA
• Assisted in multiple tasks, including briefings, story research, phone calls.
• Edited video footage.
HOBBIES / SPECIAL INTERESTS
• Jury Member for the International Festival of Culinary Photography 2013.
• Cultural Knowledge/Traveling: United States, Russia, Ukraine, Armenia, UK, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Belgium, Tunisia, Morocco, French Polynesia, etc…
• Music: piano skills – 16 years of study, professional level.
• Theater: Stella Adler Conservatory Diploma, New York, U.S. 2008.
• Technical Knowledge: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Avid, Inews, ProTools, digital and film landscape photography, professional video skills.
• Other interests: Literature, Art History, Photography, Classical Music, Opera.
My site yourenglishexpert.net